You may sometimes find yourself in a situation that needs to be resolved by seeking and reaching a mutually acceptable outcome. This could be due to an internal conflict amongst members of your team, or a difficult disciplinary or performance management process with an unclear outcome, or the result of an employee raising a personal grievance against you. Whatever the cause, if there is a breakdown in the employment relationship, this needs to be resolved one way or another before it spirals out of control.
In most cases it is advisable to have an external party assist with the negotiation process, with the aim of achieving an agreed settlement at an early stage if this is the preferred option. Alternatively a more formal mediation process could be followed, using the dispute resolution and mediation services supplied by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).
The Best Advice In 3 Easy Steps!
EIPM can help!
- By advising you on your rights and obligations, depending on your situation
- By helping you assess your risks in order to be able to more confidently choose the best way forward
- By helping with initial negotiations and ‘off the record’ discussions, if the opportunity for this arises, to arrive at an early settlement
- By drawing up a Full and Final Settlement Agreement document and coordinating with MBIE for its ratification
- By preparing your case for formal mediation with MBIE
- By representing you at the MBIE mediation session, working towards the best possible outcome