Successful Recruitment: Building blocks for a successful business
It is often said that your people are your greatest asset and that they are the lifeblood of your business. This could be true only if you have the right people working with you, and this starts from the very beginning – if you get it wrong your people could instead become your largest liability and your biggest headache!
Building a strong and successful team starts from being able to attract and eventually select the most suitable candidates during your recruitment process. This should not be left to chance, to a ‘gut feeling’ or to a ‘casual chat’. Offering someone the opportunity to join your team is a key business decision with potentially long-term consequences for everyone concerned and for the business itself and should therefore be given its due diligence and attention.
The Best Advice In 3 Easy Steps!
Excellence in People Management can act as your external recruiting arm, to help ensure that you do attract and select the right person for the job and your recruitment costs can be substantially reduced when compared to using a more traditional recruitment agency. Rather than charging a placement fee based on a percentage of the successful candidate’s annual salary, EIPM will charge for any work done based on its normal hourly rates. This means EIPM can get involved in any part of the process as much or as little as you require from defining the role through to sitting on the interviewing panel and everything else in between.
EIPM can help you with:
- Defining the role and the ‘ideal’ candidate and drawing up a job and person specification
- Writing the job advert and placing it on appropriate job boards
- Short-listing and responding to candidates
- Phone screening short-listed candidates
- Setting interview appointments
- Preparing interview questions
- Sitting on interview panel
- Coordinating psychometric or other testing as required
- Conducting background and / or reference checks
- Drawing up letter of offer and contract of employment
- Responding to all unsuccessful candidates